When I was 10 years old, I got into a massive argument with my mom over cleaning my room.
My thinking was that the room was just going to get messy again. After breakfast I was just going to go back in there and pull out my toys. Why put them all away just to get them out again.
Looking back now I can see that my mom was right (of course). The problem is that I still don’t like cleaning my room. Or my office. My files are usually piles. When I need something, it’s vaguely “over there in that pile.”
That’s why I’m excited about meeting Jen Hofman of Inspired Home Office.
I met Jen a few weeks ago at a mutual friends’ birthday Karaoke party. If you know Charlie Gilkey, you’ll appreciate this Vine video.
Join me for a Studio Spa Day
Jen and I clicked right away. She’s a professional organizer.
Wait, don’t run away yet. Jen is a professional organizer for creative people. Yes, that really exists.
In Jen’s own words:
“Lots of people think that because I’m an organizer, that I was born this way. That I’m some scary perfectionista. Let me assure you: I wasn’t and I’m not. I’m like most creative, cluttered entrepreneurs – wacky, big-hearted, and mentally all over the place.”
Through trial and error Jen created a system for helping creative entrepreneurs get organized, stay organized, and do it while celebrating their own creative quirks.
Instead of struggling alone with your clutter, Studio Spa Day gives you:
- Inspiration, motivation, and deep purpose for your clearing work
- Camaraderie with like-minded, intelligent creatives
- Clarity through specific, simple action steps
- Compassion and non-judgment about your situation
- Visible improvement in under 2 hours
- Encouragement and celebration of your efforts to maintain your creative space
How Studio Spa Day works
- You telephone in to a conference line in the U.S. (regular long-distance rates apply).
- Jen and I greet you.
- We explore seasonally-themed clearing ideas to inspire you and get your creative juices flowing.
- You participate in a soothing activity that helps you identify what areas to work on that day.
- You hang up the phone to work on the areas you identified for about an hour. Support is available if you get stuck.
- You call back in and celebrate your successes and ask any lingering questions.
Normally $47, Jen is offering this course as a free bonus for everyone who signs up for the Content Marketing for Artists course.
You can sign up here: https://theabundantartist.com/content
The Studio Spa Day will happen in advance of the course, just to help you be ready to go.
Time: Monday January 27 12 – 2 PM Pacific (yes, there will be a recording)
If you’re already signed up for the course, you’ll be getting details on how to dial in soon!