An artist booked a coaching call with me after reading my book. She had lots of nice things to say, which made me happy, of course.
She asked me a question early in the call that I answer in the book, so I asked her if she had done a particular exercise from Chapter 2. She had not.
And, in a nutshell, that is what I talked about in a video from yesterday.
Low Information Diets
My friend Jason Van Orden, a well-known business coach, introduced me to the idea of limiting the amount of information that you consume. In an age when nearly all of human knowledge is available to us at a keypad, curating and processing that information is actually the primary problem we have when we are learning how to run a business.
Jason teaches his students to limit the books, podcasts, and other information they consume to just what they’re trying to learn next. Need a website? Figure out who is an expert there and consume 2 – 4 books on the subject, then stop and implement what you’ve learned.
If you hit a road block, look for necessary info to solve ONLY that problem, then go back to work. Jason calls this Just-in-Time Learning.
Our First-Ever Small Group Mastermind
In the above video, I introduced our first ever small group mastermind. Applications are here. Here’s the structure:
- This group will be small. Likely around 10 artists. Not everyone will be a good fit. It’s not personal, there’s only so much room.
- The group mastermind runs July 1 – December 31, 2017.
- There will be two group calls per month. Members must be available for at least one of those calls each month to stay in the group. The times will be determined based on the best time for everyone’s schedules, but will be during the day. If you have a day job that prevents you from attending daytime calls, this is not a good fit for you.
- In addition to the calls, we will have weekly accountability check-ins via our group chat application, Slack. All calls and accountability check-ins will be supported by TAA’s team, with suggestions and feedback for your questions and problems.
- The cost is $1,200 for the full six months. Payment plans are available, with a $200 discount for full payment up front.
- On top of the coaching, you also get access to all TAA course materials, and our private community group on Facebook.
If you have additional questions, let us know!